Tuesday, June 2, 2009

[10]

When God first gave me the vision for this ministry I had no clue how it would grow and affect US. I have learned that it is NOT about us helping the homeless. It is about them helping US grow. Not one of our volunteers are the same as they were before this started. It has made us grow spiritually and I thank God daily for this change. We have quiet girls [the girls who won't talk to ANYONE] who now have no problem talking to people at ALL! [EVEN STRANGERS!] It is amazing.

I never thought we would leave Bradford Road church... And expand. Yes, this is our "headquarter" church but I feel the time has come to expand ourselves. Through this ministry we have had several people saved. We have also had people rededicate their lives to God. We want YOUR youth group involved.

Christianity is a relationship with your Savior, Jesus Christ. It is NOT at all about denomination. I don't care if you are Baptist, Presbyterian, Pentecostal, or a little blue alien. I want you to step up and help us minister to the homeless in Birmingham. We never go without enough adult supervision so do not worry about this.

If you would your youth involved email me at spread_hope09@yahoo.com or message for my number. I will come to you church and speak. I will speak on the message of how important it is not to waste your teenage years. This means that you should rise to your calling no matter what it is and do things outside your comfort zone for God. I can come any Wed. night or another night if you wish. PLEASE contact me soon.If you would information I can also give you that as well.

THANK YOU!

God bless,
Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment